DEVELOPMENT LEAD / TECHNICAL ARCHITECT – CHICAGO, IL
We are seeking a Smart and Ambitious Development Lead or Technical Architect who shares our passion for building cool solutions to solve our client’s complex problems. This position is accountable for the overall quality and architecture of systems developed for customers. The person in this role is responsible all aspects of the solution from Sales through design and finally execution and delivery.
The technical architect role at SMBHD is more than just making a few diagrams or attending meetings to discuss limits, costs and objectives. The TA should have their hands on just about every large project in the company, and lots of the small ones. They will lend their experience in development, delivery and technologies across all roles from Developers, to analysts to project managers; ensuring that we helping our customers get the most out of Salesforce.
You should love Salesforce and what we can do with it to apply for this position.
- Working with project team and customer to gather business requirements and translate them into a full well-architected solution.
- Creating technical designs based on functional specifications.
- Manage the delivery of custom development, integration and migration efforts.
- Full Spectrum Development both on and off the Salesforce.com Platform that adheres to industry best practices.
- Participating in application design, configuration, testing and deployment.
- Involvement in the Sales Cycle (solution definition, proof of concept, estimation).
- Manage technical scope on projects
- Proactively engaging in continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Providing technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Mentoring and training developers
- Supporting Integrations between various IT platforms.
- Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business.
- 4+ years’ experience in enterprise application architecture.
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Proven experience with web services (SOAP/REST) and related technologies (XML/JSON)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Proven ability to design, develop and integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Working knowledge of MVC architecture.
- Working knowledge of system integration.
- Experience mentoring team members.
- Experience in Agile or Waterfall Development
- Ability to generate client sign-off and commitment for project deliverables.
- Ready to come to work positive and prepared to get shit done every day.
- Experience developing for enterprise cloud applications (Salesforce.com is ++)
- Salesforce.com or other Technology certifications